Sena is an internationally recognized brand known for its high-quality Bluetooth headsets for motorcycle riders or adventure seekers.
But! Which headset is best for you? The Sena 20S EVO or 50S? Don’t worry. Read on for the answer.
The Sena 20S EVO is the upgraded version of the 20S (older model) and is available in two versions, dual and single. In contrast, Sena 50S has more features like mesh connectivity and faster charging not in the 20S EVO.
The sleek shark fin antenna design compared to the original’s flip-up antenna allows you to communicate with up to 8 riders in the group intercom within a 2 km range.
You can pair it with Bluetooth devices by shaking the Sena 20S EVO or using voice control.
With the advanced noise control feature, ambient noise is eliminated so that it doesn’t interfere with audio or conversations.
Through the Sena app, you can control its features through Bluetooth 4.1, which is compatible with Android and iPhone. Sena’s app is relatively fast and easy to use, so you can easily manage the device.
Sena 20S EVO’s battery can last for up to 13 hours, and it takes 2.5 hours to charge it.
The multi-channel open mesh enables connection with a limitless number of riders, and up-to 9 channels.
The private group mesh supports up to 24 participants. It has Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity compatible with Android and iPhone, enabling you to access GPS, music, and calls.
You can use the voice-activated assistant with commands (Hey Siri/ Hey Google), allowing you to access your smartphone hands-free.
Its HD speakers are optimised to deliver superior audio quality with enhanced volume, bass, and clarity.
You can also use the Sena app, and it lasts for up to 14 hours in Bluetooth and 9 hours in mesh intercom. The device only takes 1 hour to be fully charged.
Undoubtedly, Sena 50S comes equipped with better features, but both devices live up to the brand’s name and deliver better functionality.
Although from the same brand, like their names, they both have differences in terms of charge period, price, range, connectivity and other features.
- Range of connectivity: The 50S can communicate with other riders within a range of 5 miles/ 8 km. The 20S EVO is up to a range of 2km/ 1.2 miles.
- No. of connections: 50S has two mesh groups open and group mesh. In an open mesh, you can connect with a near-limitless number of riders. Meanwhile, the group intercom supports up to 24 users. The intercom function on the 20S EVO supports up to 8 riders.
- Battery and Charging: The 20S EVO lasts for 13 hours with 2.5 hours for charging. In comparison, the 50S can last 14 hours in Bluetooth intercom and 9 hours in mesh with a charging period of 1 hour as it features fast charging.
- Bluetooth: The Sena 50S is more advanced with Bluetooth 5.0 whereas the 20S EVO uses 4.1. However, both devices are compatible with Android and iPhone.
- Price: The 50S is £549. The Sena 20S dual is £343.20 and the single pack costs £193.99.
There are a few main differences, but the standout one is that if you ride with groups or multiple riders, the Sena 50S makes a better choice.
However, if you don’t and want to save some money minus a few new features the 20s Evo would be the choice.
Being both from Sena there are similarities like:
- Noise Control: Both eliminate ambient noise in intercom mode, phone calls, or listening to music. Also, the advanced noise control helps you focus and hear audio clearly.
- Smartphone App: Both devices are integrated with the utility app, making it easy to control remotely.
- Voice Assistant: Both support voice commands, making changing the music, calls, or GPS navigation convenient and handsfree.
- HD Audio: The HD speakers have volume boost, bass, and clarity, which allows you to enjoy clear audio.
- Weather Resistant: These devices are not waterproof. However, they’re weather resistant and can stand harsh weather conditions.
Regardless of the device, rest assured Sena delivers what it claims and is one of the best motorcycle Bluetooth communication systems.
For a pocket-friendly device, with less features you can opt for the Sena 20S, but for a superior device, you can go for the superior 50S.
The 20S EVO is more affordable. But the 50S has features and is better for bigger groups because of the mesh feature.
We hope this article has helped with your pick!
How much time to charge the 50S and 20S EVO?
The Sena 50S is faster than the 20S EVO. The fast charging feature takes one hour for full charge and lasts for 14 hours when connected to Bluetooth and 9 hours when connected to mesh intercom. Meanwhile, the 20S EVO charges in 2.5 hours and lasts for about 13 hours.
How to pair Sena 50S with 20S?
Both come with automatic pairing, so pairing is relatively simple. Once the device is turned on, press and hold the center button. In a few seconds, you’ll hear the intercom pairing or see the red light flashing. Then it automatically pairs.
How to pair the Sena 50S with other devices?
Press and hold the phone button for 5 seconds, then you’ll see the light (blue, red) flash, indicating that the device is discoverable and ready to connect. Select the 50S on the mobile’s Bluetooth device, and it will connect. If the device asks for a pin, use 0000.
How to check the battery on Sena 20S EVO?
The Sena 20S EVO’s battery status can be checked by turning on the device, pressing the jog/dial button for about three seconds, and then listening for three beeps. Following that, you will hear a prompt voice response telling you how much battery life you have left.